Go Green Baby Part 2
We are not yet selling consignment, but we are COLLECTING. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment or stop in Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday of each week with your items.
This is our consignment section to our shop for local Kingston families. We are extremely excited to be able to offer excellent used, high quality, eco friendly products!
Please read all the details below to save all of us time and disappointment. Email email@example.com for more information or to book an appointment. We are accepting appointments Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday during store hours - 10am to 4pm.
Each item is carefully reviewed and chosen to ensure that our customers are receiving excellent quality products!
All items must be brought to us clean, in excellent used condition and free from scents, perfumes or odors . Please ensure that your clothing is tidy and presentable (you may need to iron your clothing if it super wrinkly). Pay special attention to ensure all clothing is entirely free of stains, rips, tears, worn out knees, fading, pilling, missing buttons, broken zippers or torn seams.
We accept the following items:
*Cloth Diapers – excellent condition, brand name cloth diapers, covers and training pants. We are always accepting the following brands of cloth diapers: Mother-ease, Bumgenius, AMP, Bummis, Fuzzi Bunz, Apple Cheeks, Omaiki, Tots Bots, Gro Via, Blueberry, Charlie Banana, Happy Heinys, Kissaluvs, Baby Kanga, Sugar Peas, Thirsties, Soft Bums, Best Bottoms, Flip System, Econobum, Rumparooz, Knickernappies, Swaddlebees, Bottombumpers, Goodmama, Babykicks. Other brands may be considered, so bring them in too.
*Cloth Diaper Accessories – excellent condition cloth diaper accessories. Diaper pails, pail liners, diaper sprayers, wet bags,wipes, potties.
*Baby Carrier and Slings – excellent condition, brand name carriers. W are always looking for the following brands: Ergo, Beco, Boba, Woven Wraps, Moby Wrap, Cuddly Wrap, BabyHawk, Maya Wrap, Sakura Bloom. We do not accept Baby Bjorn, Snuggli, Eddie Bauer, Infantino, Graco, Evenflo, or most carriers that can be purchased at large chain stores. At this time we are not accepting hot slings or pouch slings (a sized one shoulder sling).
*Wooden or Organic Toys – excellent condition wood, wool or organic cotton toys for babies and children (teethers, puzzles, games, blocks, stacking, cars, etc). Toys made in Germany are especially popular. Please note soft toys must be made with organic cotton and stuffed with either organic cotton or wool. No polyester filled toys will be accepted. All toys must be in working condition, must have all pieces and be without damage, stains, rips or tears.
*Wooden, glass and Stainless feeding and lunch supplies – excellent condition supplies for feeding baby or for children's lunches. Spoons, bowls, cups/mugs, lunch boxes (Planet Box, Laptop Lunches, Goodbyn, etc).
* Clothing for babies and children – excellent condition clothing sizes newborn to age 4. Brands we ALWAYS accept include: Gymboree, Gap, Old Navy, Children’s Place, Ralph Lauren, Carters, Osh Kosh, Tommy Hilfiger, MEC. Other brands will be considered; however, preference will be given to the above brands. Preference will also be given to organic, hemp or wool clothing for babies and children. Vintage style clothing is especially popular right now. Clothing must be seasonal. Summer clothing will be collected January to June. Winter clothing will be collected July to December. We will also accept seasonal clothing and gear - snowsuits, rain suits, bathing suits, boots, hats, mitts, etc.
*Maternity Wear – excellent condition, high quality maternity clothing.
*Nursing Wear – high quality, excellent condition nursing clothing and bras. Popular brands include: Bravado, Cariwell, Bella Materna, Glamourmom, Boob, Momzelle.
*Breastfeeding Accessories – excellent condition breast pumps, reusable nursing pads, nursing pillows.
*Bedding and Towels – excellent condition organic cotton, bamboo, or hemp sheets, towels, blankets or bed sets. Organic mattresses will also be accepted.
*Books & DVDs – new or used books and DVDs related to pregnancy, childbirth and children's heatlh and care (ie. Books for adults to read). We are not accepting children's story books at this time.
*Furniture – we will accept high quality, excellent used condition natural WOODEN furniture when space allows with no toxic stains or paint. Cribs, high chairs, etc. We will also accept organic mattresses.
We do not accept:
- Strollers & Accessories
- Car Seats or Booster Seats & Accessories
- Exercausers, bouncy chairs, jolly jumpers, bumbos
- Any computerized or electronic devices (monitors, gaming toys, leapster, toys etc).
- Any plastic toys, products or furniture.
We reserve the right to refuse any product that we feel will not fit with our shop values, guidelines or standards! It is extremely important for us to only carry product that meet our philosopy – natural, organic, earth friendly! We will only accept items that we know will sell based on quality, stock and demand for items.
1) Call us at 613 344 0390 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment OR stop in Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday of each week with your items.
2) Show up to your scheduled appointment with your items. Right now as we are trying to increase our inventory we are accepting any amounts of clothing you have. So bring it all in until we are full! (Please bring no more than 25 items to your appointment. Unfortunately, we just do not have the space to carry a huge selection of inventory and we want to ensure that all customers are given opportunities to sell.) Pick your BEST items!
3) We will choose items that we would like to sell based on our criteria (don't worry we are not as picky as it sounds like). We will create an inventory list of items, assign you a customer number and sign a contract. Your inventory list and customer number will be emailed to you prior to items going on the floor for sale. Any items not chosen for resale must be taken with you at the time of your appointment or picked up within a week of our conversation. We can also donate these items to a local charitable organization if you prefer.
4) You will receive 50% of the sale price of the item.
5) You will be contacted quarterly for an update of items sold. If you have more than $20 on your account, you will receive a cheque or cash. If less than $20, your total will balance over into the next quarter. At the end of the year, all balances are paid out regarless of total. In an effort to save paper and the environment, we will not be mailing payments to you. You will be responsible for coming into the shop to pick up your cheque or cash.
6) At the end of 3 months (prior to sending out cheques), we will assess inventory. If items have not sold, we will ask you to come pick them up (along with your cheque/cash) within 5 business days. Otherwise, your remaining items will be DONATED. If any point during the consignment process you would like to pick up your items, please give us 5 days notice to remove your items from our shelves.
7) Go Green Baby will do our best to protect all items on consignment. However, we are not responsible for damaged caused by (but not limited to) fire, flood, accident, theft or natural distaster.